these tips and tricks are my own and I did not get them from another site. this is all my mine and I came up with it myself i probably got 2 or 3 from somewhere else but I don't even know.
1. drink water every hour on the hour.
2. never sit on a toilet, you could get a disease so squat, you'll burn calories
3. when your fasting and your feeling like a binge is coming up then lie to yourself, tell yourself your only fasting for today and the next day just tell youself to put it off for one more day and so on and so on.
4. when and if you eat, eat in front of people just to prove that you do eat.
5. get hooked on a book. it could be about eating disorders or it can be on anything else as long as its interesting. note that if you do get a book on eating disorders then make sure its not like an info book try a story about someone or an autobiography or a memoir.
6. join a college like University of Ednos or University of skin and bones, there are many more universities and i've seen almost every single one in existence (I think) and these two are the best trust me.
7.try to avoid visiting friends make up excuses for when they want you to come over. one time my mom grounded me for three months I was actually glad because then my friends wouldn't force me to eat.
8. I don't know who ever said diet pills were bad because they aren't bad at least if don't overdose them. we need them for many reasons and I am not discourageing them because they are not bad!!!!
9. instead of drinking coffee which has calories and is horrible for your teeth try caffeine pills or guarana.
10. bingeing is okay once in a while especially when you've hit a plateau.
11. have something to look foward to, plan a binge once a month and go out that day and have all the food you want then just puke it all up just like I said in number 10 this is good for when you hit a plateau.
12. hot showers make me loose my apetite while cold water burns calories what I do is I split the time 20 minutes cold and 10 hot you should always have cold water at the begginng and hot water at the end. note that cold showers burn up to 200 calories a minute i think or per 15 minutes
13. listen to triggering music and make a playlist in your ipod and listen to it when your working out or when ever you need to.
14. find a rolemodel and become obsessed. strive to bcome as they are and don't give up.
15. make a list of safe foods and stick to them. also make yourself a grocery list try to keep only your safe foods in the house or mini frige if you live with your family.
16. learn to love that empty feeling if it hurts and it burns its working.
17. eat ice cubes when your hungry. it'll mak you fell like you ate something. I remember when I was little and I was super skinny because I never ate I always ate ice cubes.
1. don't smoke pot!!! you get the munchies.
2. do not do this. in one of the sites it says to get a life saver and tie a string to it swallow it and then pull it out.they say it make you purge but first of all what if you can't get it out you choke to death so don't do it.
3. don't swallow cotton you should not swallow anything that is not food what happens is that it never digests it grows in side your stomach and as it grows it starts to tangle in your intestines and stuff and it cuts them and then it starts to bleed and you could die so do not do that either.
4. don't use ipecac first you could die on your first use and if you don't die you could cause permanent heart damage.
5. laxatives yeah they make you take a shit but they actually make you gain weight. they can cause a heart attack and death and more hearts damage and other things too. laxatives just cause more bloatation and cause you to use more. if you choose to use laxatives then read the ingriedients because if it has phenolphthalein then you could get cancer. but death is not caused the first few times you use them.
6. diuretics are a drug they don't really help weight loss just make you pee and lose salt. its pointless and a waste. don't use them or buy them.
7. don't over dose on kelp pills its realy bad for you . I can't explain because I don't speak doctor. use them but don't over use them although sometimes its okayy to over use them because then you don't have to restrict. the damage isn't so bad but useing them way too much I guess would be bad.
8. don't take dexatrim with any other medication as in any pills or substances besides probably food and drinks. if the diet pills have phenylpropanoline then don't combine them with anything else because you could get permanent heart damage.
001. when you eat, take as much time as possible, and only put small portions on your plate. if you make your meal last 20-40 minuites, you'll feel a lot more full .
002. eat on a light plate. on a darker plate you will eat more
003. cut your food into tiny pieces. it makes you feel like you ate more
004. drink one glass of ice cold water per hour. this will raise your metabolism, cleanse your system, and keep you full
005. if you are feeling the strong urge to eat, compromise by drinking diet soda. they have about 1 calorie.
006. eat chicken broth if you must eat. bullion cubes are great, and only have 5 calories per cube and you'll be full
007. the later you stay up, the hungrier you will be
008. run everywhere. run up the stairs, run when you are cleaning the house, RUN!
009. excersize to fight off hunger
010. if you feel faint, or dizzy sit and put your head between your legs
011. create a pro-ana website or journal to keep you occupied and motivated
012. read magazines like harper's bazzar and vouge. great thinspo in those
013. don't eat after 6:30..it'll make you fat
014. put on a good CD and dance! you'll burn a ton of calories
015. keep your house cold, wear skimpy clothes around your house too. keep cold! you will raise your metabolism and burn calories.
016. you can also take an ice cold shower.
017. after ever bite you take, drink water.
018. make your food totally gross, sabatoge it. add too much salt or pepper, mutilate it. anything to make it seem gross.
019. sit up straight. it burns 10% more calories then when you slouch.
020. if you are binging just chew and spit. don't swallow!!!
001. Excersize! You burn calories, get your fat body into shape, and you are not eating!
002. Clean. Cleaning burns calories. Cleaning keeps your mind off of food.
003. Do homework, study, read a book. This will make sure that you don't eat, and you will be gaining intelligence. I'd suggest even reading books on this disorder!
004. Create a pro-ana journal and or website. It's very time consuming, offers lots of support, and it is motivational. I'd suggest using xanga.com as your journal, it is great.
005. Drink lots of water. Sometimes hunger is actually thirst, so don't make that mistake! Drink 2 glasses of water before eating.
006. Get beautiful! Paint your nails, soak in an herbal bath, whatever! this way you'll feel better about yourself and you didn't eat.
007. WATER. chew it, trick yourself into thinking that yo've eaten. I've already said this one, but chew it. it works.
*If you binge today, you will be FAT tommrow*
*Supermodels are the most beautiful women in the world...and are they fat? NO!*
*Don't you want control? If you start eating that, you will loose all the self control you have gained*
*How many reasons can you name to be fat? How many to be skinny???*
*NOTHING tastes as good as thing feels*
*Don't regret tommrow what you did today*
How are you going to look in that bikini if you keep eating like the fat pig that you are? Is a few minuites of food pleasure really worth it? You will have to deal with those few minuites of pleasure FOREVER with misery. Is it really worth it???
The difference between all the fat mundane people of the world and us, anorexics, is that we have self control. Don't give us a bad name by eating that.
-Hiding weightloss can be a task, so here are some ways to conquer it:
Around people that would care about your weight loss, weight many layers, but not so it looks weird, and make your stomach bulk. Also- fashion glasses widen thin face shapes.
When you have to get weighed at the doctors you want to weigh more, obviously, put coins in a paper towel or paper then wrap it up and put it in a bun in your hair. Wear as much jewlery as possible. Wear layers of undies under a big pair like hannah andersons. Put heavy things in your bra. DO little things too like wear a lot of make-up, nail polish, creams. Drink tons of water before you go, and right before you go glug a gallon of water.
Wear bold colors and patterns with loose clothing. It distracts from smallness and is bold. Although we are not small, it distracts from what is happening with the body.
If you want to, dye your hair platnim blonde, if not then listen. Go to a big CVS or drugstore of a sort ( Walmart...ect...) and go to one that has tons of those little pantene samples. If you do not want to die your hair but will except a bit of a noticable change, do this. Get a shampoo made for a little bit lighter hair color, and without doing the damage dyeing hair could do, it lightens your hair and brings out the highlights in it distracting people from your body a bit more.
- Structured weightloss for yourself
You should get involved in a sport so you can improve your skills while having fun loosing weight, this will also give you less time to do impulsive eating ( eating cuz you are bored. )
Make a list of all the possible foods you would binge on. Each day take one off, and no matter what, you cannot binge on that again!
DO NOT KEEP A DIARY FOR PARENTS TO READ! Do not have an online diary, nope. A DAIRY FOR YOU TO HAVE IS the kind of diary where it only opens when it hears the verbal password in your voice. If you can, buy those little pens that come with little floresant lights. You can only read the writing when you shine the light on it, otherwise nope! But writing down your feelings in pretty pointless, no one will ever read them and you do not want anyone to anyways, so it is just stupid.
Use oil free moisturizers when you moisturize, oil is fat!
Exfoliate your skin, it doesn't peel itself
Try to always be doing something. DO NOT create a schedule, you get bored and feel so controlled, rather have in mind some things you want to do that day and then just have fun.
Soaking your nails in hydrogen proxide rids of any discoloring. For every 2 hours of vigerous exercise your life expectancy highers two hours. Laughing ( fake or real) burns 40 calories for 5-20 minutes depending on the intensity of your laugh. pop-ice is a great 40 cal treat, and cold things burn calories.
For every 2 hours of vigerous exercise your life expectancy highers two hours.
Laughing ( fake or real) burns 40 calories for 5-20 minutes depending on the intensity of your laugh.
pop-ice is a great 40 cal treat, and cold things burn calories.
-Purposely order food you know you won't like
-Drink water and wipe your mouth between each bite
-Make sure that when you do take a bite, people are watching you do it
-Rearrange the food on your plate. People won't notice what you are doing, they are too busy stuffing their fat faces
-If they are not looking, put food in your napkin and dump it on the floor under the table (gross i know! but it works if you are desprate)
-If you have a non-see through glass, you can spit food into it when you are "drinking"
-Halfway through the meal, complain of a headache or stomach ache, that way you can not eat and they won't think anything of it
-Take at least one bathroom trip, that way you'll waste time while you are in there and the people you are with can scarf down more food
-Say that you ate earlier
-Say that you had a larger meal earlier in the day, and are still full from that
001. Wake up late so you only have time to get "a bite to eat". You can dispose of the food later when it is safe.
002. Do volunteer work. That way your schedule will be busy.
003. I can't stress enough how great the "i've already eaten" line is..it seriously works
004. Tell people that you are allergic to things, and make sure you convince yourself too so you'll never have to eat that paticular food again
005. If you have braces, say something like "i just got them tightened and my mouth hurts", or "i only want to eat if i have a toothbrush, things get stuck in my braces"
006. Say that you've just gotten over a bad sickness and doctor has you only eating liquids
007. Tell people that you are sick to your stomach, and if they have any carrot or celary drinks (even though they probably wont) you should drink them, they help burn up to 20% more.
008. Always leave evidence of eating around your house, especially if your parents are the main problem. Leave out dirty dishes, take food from the fridge and dispose of it so it appears as though you've eaten it (be careful where you throw away the food though)
009. Use your period as an excuse
x Don't give people a reason to know about your ED. Hide your habits like your life depends on it. If anyone finds out, they'll watch you and notice!
x Check the fridge and find foods that you would have eaten, and get rid of them when nobody is around. If someone asks if you have eaten, you can tell them and if they check the food will be gone. **make sure they won't be able to find the food in the trash**
x Avoid the subject of food like the plague.
x If you are coming home, make a plan of where you could have eaten (like fast food). Say something like "I ate at (arbys, mcdonalds, subway, ect) already, so I'm not hungry" and have prepared what you ordered. Hide the money you would have used for a meal, and save that hidden money to treat yourself later
x Spend mealtimes with different groups of people. And if they ask, you can say "Oh, I had [this meal] with so and so earlier, so I'm not hungry"
x Buy food from the store! People will naturally think that if you buy food, that you'll also eat it. Just dispose of it later.
x Tell people that you have a health problem and your doctor has you on a strict diet.
x Don't let people notice your weight loss. Wear baggy clothes, don't let them see that you've lost weight or else they will be on to you.
Start your diet with a food diary, record everything you eat, what you were doing at the time, and how you felt. That tells you about yourself, your temptation, the emotional states that encourage you to snack and may help you lose once you see how much you eat.
Instead of eating the forbidden piece of candy, brush your teeth. If you're about to cheat, allow yourself a treat, then eat only half a bite and throw the other half away. When hunger hits, wait 10 minutes before eating and see if it passes. Set attainable goals. Don't say, "I want to lose 50 pounds." Say, "I want to lose 5 pounds a month." Get enough sleep but not too much. Try to avoid sugar. Highly sweetened foods tend to make you crave more.
Drink six to eight glasses of water a day. Water itself helps cut down on water retention because it acts as a diuretic. Taken before meals, it dulls the appetite by giving you that "full feeling." Diet with a buddy. Support groups are important, and caring people can help one another succeed. Start your own, even with just one other person.
Substitute activity for eating. When the cravings hit, go to the "Y" or health club if possible; or dust, or walk around the block. This is especially helpful if you eat out of anger.
If the pie on the counter is just too great a temptation and you don't want to throw it away, freeze it. If you're a late-night eater, have a carbohydrate, such as a slice of bread before bedtime to cut down on cravings. Keep an orange slice or a glass of water by your bed to quiet the hunger pangs that wake you up.
If you use food as a reward, establish a new reward system. Buy yourself a non-edible reward. Write down everything you eat - - everything - including what you taste when you cook. If you monitor what you eat, you can't go off your diet.
Weigh yourself once a week at the same time. Your weight fluctuates constantly and you can weigh more at night than you did in the morning, a downer if you stuck to your diet all day. Make dining an event. East from your own special plate, on your own special placemat, and borrow the Japanese art of food arranging to make your meal, no matter how meager, look lovely. This is a trick that helps chronic over-eaters and bingers pay attention to their food instead of consuming it unconsciously.
Don't shop when you're hungry. You'll only buy more fattening food. Avoid finger foods that are easy to eat in large amounts. Avoid consuming large quantities of fattening liquids, which are so easy to overdo. And this includes alcoholic beverages. Keep plenty of crunchy foods like raw vegetables and air-popped fat-free popcorn on hand. They're high in fiber, satisfying and filling. Leave something on your plate, even if you are a charter member of the Clean The Plate Club. It's a good sign that you can stop eating when you want to, not just when your plate is empty.
Lose weight for yourself, not to please your husband, your parents or your friends. Make the kitchen off-limits at any time other than mealtime. Always eat at the table, never in front of the TV set or with the radio on. Concentrate on eating every mouthful slowly and savoring each morsel. Chew everything from 10 to 30 times and count!
1.Eat breakfast! This gets your metabolism going.
2.Eat as slowly as you can. It takes your body around 30 minutes to realise it's full. Chew until the food dissolves in your mouth.
3.Become a vegan or vegetarian.
4.Eat in front of a mirror naked.
5.Count to 100 if you're having a craving. Hopefully it will go away.
6.Put your fork down between every bite.
7.Never eat past 7 pm.
8.Wear nail polish to hide the discolouring in your nails from lack of nutrients.
9.Take anti heartburn pills if you're really hungry. They neutralize the acid that builds up and makes you hungry.
10.Keep a bin near you when you eat. If you feel you are going to over eat, throw the rest of the food away.
11.Wear a rubber band around your wrist, snap it against your skin when you're tempted to eat.
12.Drink diet soda. It'll fill you up and only has 1 calorie.
13.Clean something gross, you'll lose your appetite.
14.Brush your teeth. The taste of toothpaste will be horrid with the taste of food.
15.Every calorie counts. When you're sitting, shake your leg, tap a pencil, never stop moving.
16.Drink a glass of water every hour, not only will it make your stomach feel full, it will also give you great hydrated skin. Cold water burns more calories, while warm water makes you feel full.
17.Throw away the foods you think you'll binge on.
18.When going out, only take out the amount of money that you'll need. Nothing extra. That way you won't be tempted to spend it on food.
19.Sitting up straight and having good posture burns 10% more calories than when you slouch.
20.If you feel like eating, eat negative calorie foods only.
21.Carry a picture of your favourite trigger everywhere you go.
22.Take a sip of water between every bite.
23.Stay cold. Your body burns more calories trying to warm you up.
24.If you're binging, don't swallow the food, spit it out.
25.Eat your meals on smaller plates.
26.Clench your butt all the time. Guys like a nice ass and you burn calories too.
27.Pro-plus are caffeine tablets which you can buy at most shops, no need for calorie infested coffee.
28.Get comfy in bed, being comfy means you won't want to get up to get food.
29.Use your mind. Think about what the food would look like in your stomach after you've eaten it.
30.Sabotage your food. Adding too much salt etc works great.
31.Go shopping and try on clothes that you wish you could fit in to.
32.Pinch all your fat and see how disgusting it is and then you'll think that if you eat you'll just add more to it.
33.If people start saying they're worried about your weight loss, get really upset and say how mad you get every time somebody comments on your skinny body. Complain a lot about how you wish you could gain weight so people will stop making rude comments.
34.If you eat, ONLY eat when people are watching.
35.Obesity is disgusting. Remember that.
36.Thinspiration is your best friend. You think you've lost weight? Trust me you haven't. Just check out the models online and you'll realise that.
37.Live by the scales. It's right and you're FAT.
38.Keep in mind - If your skinny friend eats a lot, that DOES NOT mean that you can do the same.
39.Learn to love that empty feeling in your stomach. Trust me you'll feel repulsed when it starts getting full again.
40.Watch what other people, especially fat people, eat and feel superior because they're feeding their bodies and getting fatter.
41.If you're hungry, spin around until you feel queasy.
42.Chew sugar free gum. It keeps your mouth busy!
43.If you eat, remember to sit down in the same place every day. Somewhere solitary; not in front of TV or computer. Eating in front of TV distracts you from your body's fullness signals, and you're more likely not to notice what you're eating.
44.A little envy is a good thing! Competition is a great mobiliser. If you're really hungry, buy a bag of low fat low cal hard candies. When you suck on them a lot your stomach will tell you that you are full.
45.If you feel like you want to eat, go to a friends house that you cannot just raid the fridge at.
46.When you get hunger pains, curl up in a ball. It really helps them go away.
47.Try eating something fatty but healthy, (like a banana) early in the day. For the rest of the day, when you want to eat, just remind you of the fatty food you ate earlier.
001. Drink a glass of water every hour. It will make you feel full.
002. Pick one food for the day, like an apple. Cut it into 8 slices. Eat 2 slices at breakfast, 2 at lunch, 2 at dinner, and you'll have 2 left for a snack. This way your body thinks it's eating 4 times that day, but in reality you've only had 1 apple. The next day pick another food. Make sure it's only 1 serving that you split up into 3 or more throughout the day.
003. Dont try to fast for days and days. First of all, fasting for long periods of time actually slows down the metabolism, second, it increases binge cravings immensely, and third, it affects your mood greatly. Instead of being happy for losing weight, youll be depressed simply because of lack of food.
004. If you live on your own or have a lot of privacy, tape/tack up pictures of your favorite models and always carry one around with you. When you're hungry pull out the picture. If you live on your own, tape them up on the fridge, freezer, and cupboards (just remember to take them down or cover them when people come over).
005. Always wear perfectly applied sticky lipgloss or chapstick. It keeps you very aware of what goes in your mouth, and makes you think twice about eating anything, because you will have to carefully re-apply.
006. 'Pro Plus' are caffeine tablets which you can just buy from most shops, no need for calorie infested coffee, they are also easy to take if and when you do eat anything.
007. If you're a smoker and you're hungry, light up a cigarette. It curbs your appetite and you no longer feel hungry. If youre not a smoker, however, I wouldnt advise you to start simply to lose weight.
008. If you are really craving food, brush your teeth with a strong mint toothpaste. This helps to put you off food because of the taste it leaves behind.
009. When you are hungry, do something gross like dig for worms, clean a kitty litter box, or something. It will make you less likely to eat.
010. In between each mouthful of food that you eat, take a sip of water. It fills you up and slows down your eating so that you stay in control and the meal doesnt turn into a flat-out binge.
011. Dexatrim - take 3 a day 1/2 hour before you eat and drink water and you'll be full after just a few bites. Dexatrim, however, is not safe for those of you already on medication. I used to do the whole diet pill thing years ago, and as a result, my heart is permanently damaged.
012. When drinking water, drink ICE COLD water... your body has to burn calories to keep your body temperature up.
013. I would not recommend taking laxatives because they are not an effective way of purging, and you actually gain weight by taking them. There are natural laxatives though, found in foods like prunes and grapes. Also, there are certain sugar-free cough drops and candies that produce a laxative effect because of the sugar substitute used in them.
014. Try to eat in the same place every day. Somewhere solitary. Not in front of the TV or computer. If you have to stop what youre doing to go eat you might not even bother.
015. Eat what you crave. But eat it before you crave it in moderation. For instance, instead of a whole chocolate bar, get one of the small ones and only eat 1/2 of it. Allow yourself to enjoy it. Deprivation leads to bingeing.
016. Sleep at least 6 hours a night. Less than 6 hours sleep a night stimulates appetite by 15%. A lot of people with eating disorders suffer from insomnia, but it really is important to get as much sleep as possible.. Not just for weight loss, but because it helps the body stay healthy even though it is starving.
017. Lower the temperature in your house 10 degrees to burn more calories, or take an icy cold shower/bath. Like drinking the ice water, it causes your body burns calories as it tries to warm you up.
018. Always eat teaspoon size amounts of food at any one time and chew well. You will become fuller with less food so wont want to finish what's on your plate.
019. If youre really hungry, buy a bag of low fat low calorie hard candies. When you suck on them a lot your stomach will tell you that you are full.
020. Try drinking more hot beverages, especially in fall and in winter. Hot liquids expand the intestinal tract and make you feel more full. A warm drink can help take the edge off your hunger, preventing overindulging later. In fact, soup can do the same. Bullion cubes are only 5 calories a cube, and they taste wonderful.
021. Focus especially on the first three bites. After that, the excitement of eating will begin to slowly subside, and you'll probably be content with a smaller portion.
022. Spicy foods raise your metabolism and burn slightly more calories than mild foods.
023. If you feel like you want to eat, go to a friends house that you cannot just raid the fridge at. Being around other people will make you less likely to eat since most people with eating disorders are embarrassed of being caught eating in public.
024. When you go out, take only a few bucks with you so when you walk past the pastry shops you can't afford anything.
025. Before you dig into that carton of ice cream, bag of chips, etc., take a deep breath and count to 100. Usually, by the time you stop counting you will have convinced yourself that you don't really need it.
026. Write a note to yourself listing all the reasons you are finally ready to lose weight. Keep this letter with you at all times, for inspiration.
027. Check your head. Never eat anything bigger than your head, even lettuce. You'll only stretch your stomach out. Train your tummy to settle for less.
028. You'll eat less on a black or navy blue plate.
029. Eat your sweets at breakfast
030. If you love a certain food, save the wrappers even after you've eaten it. Smell it when you're hungry.
031. Don't Swallow! Take a bite, chew, and spit it out.
032. Track your triggers. Log them in a notebook, post them in your journal, whatever. This way youll know when a trigger is going to hit, and youll know in advance to keep yourself occupied during that time.
033. Sit up straight. You'll burn at least ten percent more calories sitting upright than reclining.
034. Kelp pills help to boost he metabolism.
035. Never eat anything bigger than your fist.
036. Get your tongue/lip/labret pierced, therefore you can't eat. Not only will your mouth be sore, but youll have something to strive for, a new motivation. For me, when I get a new piercing I starve myself because I want to look good with the new jewelry.
037. Drink 2tbsp of vinegar before the meal, so it well help suck out the fat out of it.
038. If you're being watched, try the opaque cup trick. This ones a classic: Pretend you're eating, and spit the food in the cup while you pretend to be drinking - don't forget to get rid of what's in the cup though!
039. Go to the kitchen often, and pretend youre snacking. Take a bite out of something and take a long time, look in the fridge, etc. They will think you're always in the kitchen eating, and won't suspect anything.. If you never go in the kitchen, your family will notice.
040. Go Vegan or vegetarian, or just cut out red meat altogether... Meat and meat products have a lot of fat in them.
041. Have a peppermint. Peppermints actually decrease hunger.
042. When you get hunger pains, curl up in a ball. It really helps them go a way.
043. Drink tea whenever you get hungry and drink as much as you want its low in calories, and it fills you up.
044. Hit your stomach when it grumbles because that will make the sound go away and your stomach will hurt too much to eat.
045. Diet soda, contrary to what it says on the bottle, is not calorie-free. It is, however, still low in calories (one calorie a can), and though its not as good as drinking water, it will fill you up.
046.Metabolife really curbs your hunger and cravings, as well as gives you energy when you're restricting. Though, as with the Dexatrim, using Metabolife will interact with other medications, causing possibly permanent heart damage.
047. Try varying your daily intake. If you eat, say, 200 calories a day, you will hit a plateau in your weight loss and your metabolism will slow down greatly. Instead, try consuming 400 one day, 600 the next, 200 the day after, and so on. The numbers are up to you, but whatever you do, make sure the calorie content doesnt stay the same.
048. Green tea is not only an anti-oxidant, you can burn up to 110 extra calories a day by drinking several cups.
049. Persuade yourself that you don't like a food, take your favorite food and when you look at it and think yum, think yuck instead. Even if you dont believe it at first, even just thinking it goes a very long way, and eventually you will convince yourself that you really dont like the food.
049. Low calorie hot chocolate is great for suppressing those chocolate cravings and it makes you feel full, too.
050. Always leave at least 3 hours between eating anything and going to sleep. If you eat before sleeping it can help you to put on weight, the 3 hours gives your body enough time to burn calories, which you wouldn't burn if you went to sleep.
051. Hide a plate or zip lock bag near your computer. Right before supper, go to your computer room and when supper is ready say youre doing your homework and want them to bring your meal to you. When you get it, just put it in the other plate or zip lock bag and bring the dish back up in 15 min.'s. Just make sure you dispose of the food later.
052. Take a picture of yourself scantily clad, and every time you want to grab for the cake and cookies and ice-cream, just look at the picture (it could be nude but keep it hidden).
053. When you have a craving for sweets, have 'crystal light' sugar free candies. They're delicious, and are HALF the calories of normal hard candies.
054. Taking more than the recommended dose of kelp makes you feel sick and you don't have to try and restrict.
055. Buy lunches/dinners of canned/contained foods, like lunch buckets, then without cooking them hide them in your room or locker as if you were eating them, and instead walk/drive them once a week to your local homeless shelter. This also helps those of you, like me, who feel guilty for wasting food.
056. When you are in school or at work, grab something on your way out the door to eat (because youre in a hurry)-and throw it out. Then when lunchtime comes, go to the library instead of with your friends. Also, get involved in an after-school activity. This way you come home after everyone else has eaten and you can take a plate of food to your room to eat while you are doing your homework (put the food in a bag and throw it out with tomorrows breakfast).
057. Wearing "fashionable" gloves and scarves really helps when you get cold and makes people less suspicious than if you're always bitching that you're cold when its over 80 degrees out.
058. Celery actually burns calories. Every hour, eat a stalk of it. Not only will it fill you up, but it'll also get your metabolism kicking.
059. When you feel you need to eat, list the reasons why its not such a good idea. By then you'll most likely lose the craving, and you'll have convincing reasons not to eat.
060. Try Green Orange or Bitter Orange (found at health food stores). They contain synephrine, which increases your metabolism more effectively and it's not as dangerous to use as ephedra.
061. Coffee! On an empty stomach it will make you feel sick and will curb your appetite while burning calories because of the caffeine.
062. Always wear a rubber band on your wrist.. When you're tempted, snap it. Operant Conditioning is a wonderful thing (You know, Pavlov, the infamous salivating dog and Baby Albert?).
063. If you get hunger strikes, go on a walk or sleep...keeping your mind off food will make them go away. And if you exercise to avoid eating, you will automatically get into the Cant eat, need to get thin! mood.
064. If you're in college, plan your schedule so that it spreads throughout the day. That way you won't have long gaps of time where you can pig out in your dorm.. Wont your friends be jealous when they gain the Freshman 15 and you havent?
065. Whenever you get hungry, think of all the people who made fun of you in middle/high school.
066. If you are eating a meal, only eat every 4th bite. Take a bite, spit it out, repeat. But when you get to your 4th, swallow.
068. Put your fork down in between bites at meal time.
069. If you feel empty, try this: you can buy bagels that are 98% fat free, split it in half, chew on it for a while. They fill you up, as they appear stodgy. Once you've eaten a mouthful, spit the rest out. They're dry so they encourage you to drink water, which fills you up.
070. Always keep a trash can near you when you eat so if you feel like you are going to over eat, you can just make it a reflex action to throw the food away. You can't think about it though, because you'll just decide to eat. Even if you've only eaten 2 bites, if you feel that you might be full, just reflexively throw the food away. If youre at a restaurant, just choose a seat next to the trash. I don't recommend this tip if you're eating with other people, though.
071. If you're annoyed at your family for always trying to make you eat breakfast with them, tell them (while holding your stomach with your arms and looking like you're about to puke) that you always feel sick after you eat in the morning so early. Or that you have to go swimming in a few hours, and that you don't like eating before that.
072.If you do cook food, make sure it's something that takes a long time to cook (like cookies or a pasta or something) and also has a strong aroma, so that way when it's done and you're ready to eat it, you will have gotten filled up just by the smell and waiting and you won't be able to finish it all. It also helps to drink a lot of water while you're waiting, as that fills you up, too.
073. When you are really hungry, take some anti-heartburn pills. Stomach acid is always being made to help digest food and when you don't eat it builds up and you feel hunger. Pills help neutralize the acid and you won't get hunger pangs.
074. If you throw food in the trash can in your bedroom, make sure you get rid of the bag before going to bed, otherwise it will reek in the morning.
075. Drink plenty of water, at least 8 glasses a day. This is an obvious one, but there are other reasons to due this, other than weight loss. Drinking water ensures that the kidneys are functioning properly. If you are not fully hydrated this means that the kidneys are not working to their full capacity and results are that the waste products are then dumped onto your liver, which is where the fat process actually occurs. Water actually speeds up your metabolism.
076. Exercise and sweat. When you sweat you burn calories, obviously. Don't overdo it, however, because then you will have a heat stroke. Also if you take a hot bath, you lose water from sweating, but when you drink all the water it comes back again. A good way to do this is if you are going out and you really want fit into that tube top for summer, then just don't drink anything and take a really hot shower and sweat a lot. You will be thirsty but you will have lost a lot of weight for the time being. Remember: body is 98% water.
077. Eat a tiny piece of onion (like 1/2 in square). That way you have onion breath and people believe you really ate.
078. If you have a craving for sugar, try fat-free, sugar free Jell-O... its only 10 cals per serving... if you want you can eat the whole bowl and its only 40 cals.
079. Get tape or those roll up bandages and wind them tightly around your stomach. It stops you from eating because you can't get the food down properly and you also look thinner.
080. If you eat at night before you go to bed, make sure you lay on your left side. It makes the food go through your system faster and wont have as much time to suck fat out of the food. But remember that you shouldn't eat before you go to bed. It slows down your metabolism.
081. Keep yourself extremely busy, almost to the point of being completely stressed out, and you can go for 8hrs without being hungry or wanting to eat.
082. Use two of the Ginseng packets you find in convenience stores if you don't have diet pills (mini-thins work well also). Be sure you don't take more than two every six hours or so because if you haven't eaten in a while, 3 can give you the shakes.
083. If you don't feel comfortable not eating too much, eat only a hard boiled egg, an apple, and a glass of water. It will fill you up all day.
084. Remember, out of sight is out of mind. If there are goodies lying around on the counters or table, put them away and/or hide them. That way whenever you walk through the kitchen you won't be tempted.
085. Make vegetable soup with low cal veggies cut up in chunks. You can have a full bowl and feel full, but actually you havent eaten very many calories.
086. If you can, get a job around food. It will curb your my appetite drastically, especially if you work in a fast food place such as McDonalds.
087. Get comfy in bed. Being comfortable means you don't want to move, which means no getting up to get food.
088. Take zinc and potassium supplements. These work well with kelp in raising metabolism and mobilizing fat.
089. If you have a terrible craving, turn on the TV. Most likely, some sort of show will be on with skinny, gorgeous actresses/models. It's a definite way to curb an appetite.
090. If sitting at school or work, constantly tap your feet/fingers. Fidgeting throughout day is proven to burn up to 800 calories per day.
091. If you're talking about celebrities, make sure to mention how you think Calista Flockhart is too thin and that you think Kate Winslet is gorgeous. Praise fat and people will never guess that you're starving yourself into thinness.
092. If you're in outpatient treatment and have to have your blood tested - a comprehensive metabolic panel - there are a few ways you can fool the test. One, drink water - LOTS. You need to flush the ketones that have built up in your system out of your body or else they'll know you're starving/burning fat. Two, eat some nutritional stuff - yogurt, fruit, cereal - the day beforehand as well as a few hours beforehand, Technically, you're supposed to fast for 12 hours before the test for it to be accurate in measuring your vitamin levels. NOT fasting will up the vitamin levels. Three, make sure you always take vitamins. Finally, you'll want to make sure you get your electrolytes in. Smartwater has 0 calories and lots of electrolytes - perfect for this tip and the first one! So drink up.
093. Wear nail polish to cover up the bluish tinge that starvation gives your fingernails so others don't suspect it as much.
094. Have to go to a restaurant with someone? Some ways you can avoid eating much - 1. veganism (makes it hard to find suitable food); 2. severe food allergies (always a good answer when they offer chocolate!), or 3. order something that you've never tried before. When you taste it, say you don't like it.
095.Three product recommendations: smart water (0 calories, but has electrolytes - even if you don't purge you lose them!), caffeinated peppermints (sugar free - 3 for 5 calories, at www.peppermints.com), and antacid gum (for those times you do have to purge). These are the triumvirate of the anorexic's medicine cabinet.
096. Use your mind - think about what the food would look like in your body after you have eaten it... hopefully that will put you off.
097. When you're cooking, make sure you chew gum at the same time so you won't be tempted to take little bites of the stuff you're cooking.
098. Wearing braces could take away your appetite. Depending on what kind of a person you are, either lazy or not. In some cases other people don't bother cleaning their braces because they are sick and tired of doing it. It is also bad to leave chunks of meat and cheetos in-between braces and teeth. Their mentality says " Why bother eating again, I don't want to clean my braces three times a day". This tip is good for people who are "neat freaks" or hygienic. It is also a good advantage cause braces will give good teeth result. Braces may hurt the teeth but its another reason not to bother putting food in your mouth
099. If you're with your family and you're at a buffet, spend most of the time acting like you're picky, and walk around the buffet tables. Then just get a little something and spit it in your cup or napkin. Sneak in some exercise too while you're walking.
100. Get a piece of ribbon and cut it to the measurement that you want your waist to become after you lose weight. Then you tie this around your wrist like a bracelet. The idea is that each time you see the ribbon you remember your goal, and hopefully it stops you from breaking your targets! And whenever you need a motivation boost, take the ribbon off and see if it fits around your waist.